Build your Own Website
Build your Own Website (Full day: 1, 2 or 3 days)
All businesses need a website and if you have not long started your business or have been trading for a while but don’t have a basic website or wish to replace it, then this workshop is for you. Learn from scratch how to build and manage an attractive and effective website for your business. This workshop will show you how simple it is to develop your own business website and keep it up to date yourself. It is ideal for businesses that don’t have their own website yet, or for those who do but want to take control of managing it. No prior knowledge or skills other than basic web browsing and text editing skills are required to use this simple but powerful website building tool. Basic Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) will also be introduced to help you be found once your site goes live. Your business can have a website live by the end of the course– so don’t delay, book now.
This practical website building workshop can be run over 1, 2 or 3 days. You will lean everything from what makes a good website, planning your site, building your site and how to optimise your site.
- What makes a Great website?
- Design Trends in 2019-2020
- Maximising Visual Impact
- Customer Conversion
- Plan your website development project
- Category, Domain Name, Keyword Research, Navigation Plan, Pages
- Setup a Content Management System (CMS)
- Choose a template design & adapt it to your own colour scheme
- Learn how to use a Content Managed Website Solution (CMS)
- Customise your overall website design, business header and logo
- Copy/write your website copy and add pictures to pages
- Introduction to Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How to monitor your live website for effectiveness using Analytics and Search
- Introduction to advanced features (Plug-ins)
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at business owners and employees who would like to build their own website or replace their existing website.
- Target businesses and consumers potential customers online;
- Are thinking about managing your own website but don’t know where to start;
- Reduce external costs and take more control in-house
- Thinking about new ways of marketing your products, services to new & existing customers
Why should you attend?
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Have an overview of the main features of a Website CMS and be able to make changes yourself
- Be able to setup, customise, update and promote your own business website
- Understand how to measure the success of your website
- Aware of tools that can be used to assist in video creation and editing
- Have an live website for your business that can be found by Search Engines
Delegates should, if possible, bring their own laptop, phone or tablet to the course.