Becoming and Employer Workshop
Becoming and Employer Accelerating growth through being a successful employer- half day workshop
Half Day Workshop – Foundation Level
Are you wanting to accelerate your business growth through being a successful employer? Are you wanting your business to thrive by recruiting and retaining your greatest resource – your people? then this workshop will help you achieve your ambitions by providing a framework for successful staff recruitment and people management and practical steps you can take to get the best out of your people as a new employer. If you are new business or even if you are an existing business and wish to take the step into recruiting new staff the right way, so as to get the right people and retain them, then this workshop will help you do just that. Book now.
To help delegates understand the process of employing others and the importance of doing the right things
- Identify and demonstrate obligations when employing staff;
- To understand the steps to consider before taking on an employee;
- To understand how to recruit staff;
- To understand how to confirm a job offer;
- To understand how to register as a new employer with HMRC;
- To understand what to do when the employee starts work;
- To understand Health & Safety and Employers Liability obligations;
- To understand how to manage staff performance;
- Signpost to support agencies, HR tools and techniques
Who should attend this workshop?
This course is aimed at business owners and employees who would like to understand how to accelerate business growth through being a successful employer.
- Thinking of employing staff, but don’t know where to start;
- Needing to know what and how to cover the main steps in recuritment;
- Want to know the main legal and regulatory obligations you have to cover and what to do;
- Would like a plan of what to do when when they start work;
- Need a plan for how to manage staff performance;
- Have a desire to accelerate your business growth through being a successful employer.
Why should you attend?
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Know your obligations in recruitment;
- Understand the steps to consider before taking someone on;
- How to recruit, confirm job offers and consider induction;
- Understand how to register with HMRC and other regulations;
- Know what to do when the employee starts work with you;
- Understand how to manage staff performance;
- Tips on how to improve value and retention;
- Know where to go to get further support from specialist agencies.