Microsoft Project Training Workshop
Microsoft Project Training Workshop
The Microsoft Project training courses are available on-site, or at a training room or online through live video conferencing.
Half Day or Full Day Workshop – Foundation / Intermediate / Advanced Level
This course is for you if you work or want to work in Project Management and have never used MS Project or you have only used it for limited tasks. This course will help those new to, or familiar with, MS Project learn essential features and functions to be able to confidently work within the program. Being confident in Microsoft Project is essential for anyone who either works or aspires to work in an project management environment. The course is for anyone wanting to learn how to utilise the current version of this powerful project management program. It will guide you through a wide range of aspects of Microsoft Project . You will gain hands-on, practical experience throughout, meaning you can put the theory into practice. There are three levels: Foundation, Intermediate and Advanced. Book onto the workshop that is right for you, or contact us now to ask for guidance on which is right and to book.
What Is A Project?
- A project is usually a one-off set of activities with a specific objective.
- A project will include a mixture of the following three constraints: Time, Cost and Quality. The project should have a definitive start and finish date, a budget and a specification.
- The project can be classed as successful when you satisfy the requirements of your client or the management within the cost and time constraints originally agreed i.e. it meets the deadlines, does not exceed the budget and does the job.
What Is Project Management?
- Project Management is the supervision of activities that lead to the successful completion of a project. The Project Manager collates and organises resources to meet established goals within cost, schedule and quality objectives. These resources can include the skills of a team of people, facilities, equipment, information systems & financial constraints.
- Project Management covers all stages of a project, from the planning stages through to managing the project, and producing final reports on completion. When you have decided what your project objectives are you can begin using MS Project.
The course descriptors below are a summary and indicative of topics that will be covered, however the workshops and training content can be tailored to specific requirements if required.
Microsoft Project Foundation
- Define MS Project Default Settings
- Build And Edit A Project Plan
- Creating Resources
- Assigning Resources To Tasks
- Resolve Resource Over Allocations
Microsoft Project Intermediate
- Track Actual Progress – Managing And Updating Actuals & Remainder Durations
- Track Actual Progress – Working with Task Actuals, % Complete, Resources, Timescales & Time sheets
- Track Progress – Critical Path, Comparison, Rescheduling, Re-issuing & Status Tools
- Distributing Project Data – Using Filters, Reports & Dashboards
- Managing Project Costs – Resource Rates, Tables & Assigning Costs to Tasks
Microsoft Project Advanced
- Customising & Editing Project Reports and Export Maps
- Customise The Project Environment, Interface, Views with Custom Fields & Formulae
- Customised Gantt Charts
- Transferring settings between Projects and Templates
- Managing Multiple Projects
- working with Task Calendars & sub-projects
- Resource pools and shared resource data
Who Should Attend?
This course will help you learn some of the fundamental actions you can carry out in Project before advancing your knowledge to more in-depth features. Project is widely used in a variety of job roles and it is suitable for a wide audience and project management sectors. This course is ideal for you if you work in, or aspire to work within an office environment and want to brush up on your project management skills. Whether you are a new user or have been using Project for years, this course will vastly increase your understanding of Project . Existing users will learn how to get the most out of Project , break any bad habits, learn shortcuts and discover a massive range of hints and tips from our expert Project trainers. So, new and regular users at all levels of Microsoft Project can participate in all of these workshops and courses.
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain experience and knowledge of this popular Microsoft Office Project Management program. If you are looking to update your skills from an earlier version of Microsoft Project, this course will show you all the new features and help you find your way around the newest version of the software in a business setting.
If you are looking to cover the fundamentals of project planning using MS Project, how to setup and build a project plan and assign resources to it then this is the workshop for you.
Why should you attend?
By the end of this workshop, you will:
- Develop your ability to navigate Microsoft Project – creating, managing, tasks, resources and finalising project plans;
- Learn essential features and functions – exchange project plan data, update, manage, report and re-use project plan information in Project ;
- To understand not only database concepts, but also learn how to create your own business database;
- Be familiar with all the changes and updates to the newest version;
- To be confident in working with the program;
- Learn shortcuts and tips about how to use Project in the most efficient way – confident in using and customising the MS Project environment;
- Have a detailed working knowledge of how to use the MS Project and will be able to produce high quality professional project planning documentation;
- Show your commitment to continuing professional development and help towards your career progression opportunities.
Delegates should, if possible, bring their own laptop to the course (though laptops will be available for those without one)